Coronavirus Pandemic Update (as of 14 July 2021)
We have suspended indoor, in-person practices.
Regular members in good standing have been practicing remotely via internet.
Our regular venue for practice is used by Japantown’s elderly, so we do not want to risk infecting those medically compromised persons who might not be eligible to receive the vaccine.
Recently, some members who are fully vaccinated have been making informal outdoor socially distanced practices. However, No children under 12 may practice since our national organization is requiring that only fully vaccinated members may practice together in-person.
Please feel free to contact us for updates, as things may change quickly
Authentic, Traditional Karate for the Mind, Body & Spirit
- For all ages
- Men, women, and children
Please come join our next practice! Our curriculum is designed to incorporate beginners anytime. Ideally, you will practice of karate throughout your life, so it’s never too late to start.
Shotokan Karate of America (SKA) is a non-profit organization teaching traditional Japanese karate-do.
- Non-commercial; focus on high quality
- Authentic, traditional martial arts instruction
- Affordable rates
Beginners should wear comfortable clothing suitable for physical activity such as,
- Yoga pants, shorts, or sweat pants
After attending for a couple of months you may be interested in Uniforms.
Yu-Ai Kai Akiyama Wellness Center
110 E. Jackson St.
San Jose, CA 95112
|Monday||6:45 - 8:15 PM||All1|
|Friday||6:45 - 8:15 PM||All1|
- Curriculum structure allows new students to join at any time.
- Click here for information about Youth and Children.
- FREE for your first couple of practice sessions. Come try for free to determine if karate is right for you.
- Then if you like what we are doing, the Dues section details our fees and membership costs.
For questions regarding practice, contact:
+1 - 408 - 634 - 8655
Special Welcome to SKA Members Worldwide
We offer a warm welcome to members from other SKA dojos or SKA affiliated dojos from other countries. Dojo fees waived if you are only visiting for a few practices and are an SKA member in good standing.
- Presently sessions combine all ages into one group. [return]